We adhere to the Statement of Faith of our denomination:
Believing the Bible to be our final authority on faith and Christian living, we affirm the following:
- That the universe is the purposeful creation of a personal, loving, almighty God.
- That all human beings are made in the image of the Creator and are of innate worth.
- That our world is under the sway of evil as a result of historical and personal human rebellion against God, so that suffering, death, and separation from God are the experience of humanity and that, without the intervention of God's grace, this will be the eternity of all persons.
- That Jesus Christ, the incarnate Son of God, through his virgin birth, sinless life, sacrificial death on the cross, glorious resurrection, and ascension, graciously offers new life to all who repent of sin and receive him by faith.
- That the Holy Spirit, indwelling in believers, gives them a desire and ability to follow biblical standards of conduct in their personal lives and society.
- That the Christian faith is lived in the community of the church, where worship and witness are embodied through the spiritual gifts of its members.
- That Jesus Christ will return to this world, bring an end to history as we know it, inaugurate the final judgment, and welcome believers into his eternal kingdom.
Beyond this short statement, we also subscribe to our denomination's 25 Articles of Faith, finding it to be a fair statement of biblical teaching as we understand it. But we freely confess that no statement or articles of faith can substitute for the Bible itself, whole and entire, which unfolds the good news of God's redeeming and restoring work from Genesis to Revelation.