What? Wednesday Night Zoom Bible Study
When? Wednesdays at 7:30 pm
Current Study: "You Are Never Alone" by Pastor Max Lucado-A study of the 7 miracles of Jesus Christ in John's Gospel.
Want to join us or have questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
When life feels depleted, does God care? I’m facing an onslaught of challenges; will God help? When life grows dark and stormy, does God notice? I’m facing the fear of death; will God help me? The answer in the life-giving miracles in the Gospel of John is a resounding yes.
In You Are Never Alone, Max Lucado looks at the miracles of Jesus as recorded in the Gospel of John. John chose the stories and events from Jesus' life that he believed would give his readers strength, empower them, lift them up, and speak life into their situations.
- Jesus transformed water into wine. We don't have to apologize to God for praying for something insignificant.
- Jesus healed a man who couldn't walk. We don't have to stay stuck , no matter the reason we got stuck in the first place.
- Jesus saved the disciples from the raging storm. We are not alone in our storms, even when it feels like it.
- Jesus healed the blind man. We don't have to be defined by our darkness: guilt, sin, trauma, anxiety, fear.
- Jesus raised Lazarus from the dead. There is nothing so bad we have done that Jesus doesn't have power over it to forgive.
- Jesus was resurrected. Even though his disciples didn't believe him, Jesus didn't add to their shame or punish them.
Today, take courage that you are stronger than you think because God is nearer than you know. This is the message of the miracles . . . that with God you are never alone.
- God is With You in the Ordinary
- God is With You When You're Stuck
- God is With You in the Storm
- God is With You in the Dark
- God is With You in the Valley
- God is With You When You Need Grace
New Series Starting Wednesday, May 19th-Something Needs To Change from Pastor and Author David Platt
David Platt took a trip to the Himalayan mountains that transformed the trajectory of his life. There he was confronted with staggering physical and spiritual needs unlike any he had seen before. On leaving, Platt found himself asking fundamental questions about his life and ministry. He realized that something needed to change.
Being confronted with suffering causes us to ask questions that, if we are honest, we would rather ignore. However, if we believe the Bible, ignorance of profound human need is not an option for us. Neither is indifference. We cannot be Christians and turn a blind eye and a deaf ear to the world in need around us. If those responses become the commentary of our lives and our churches, then one fact will be abundantly clear: we were not following Jesus on our journey through this life.
What does it mean to follow Jesus in a world filled with urgent physical and spiritual need? In Something Needs to Change, David Platt explores that question as he takes you on a mind-wrestling, heart-wrenching trek through the Himalayas—a life-altering journey of obedience to Christ.
2. Physical Need
3. Spiritual Need
4. Loving God and People
6. Counting the Cost
7. The One
8. Something Needs to Change
- Gain a sense of calling and purpose by considering ways God can use you to meet physical and spiritual needs.
- Observe Jesus’ response to urgent need throughout the Gospel of Luke.
- Take the next action step to which the Lord is calling you.
- Identify ways God may be calling you to pray, go, and give for the sake of His glory among the nations.
- Discover concrete action steps for getting involved in God’s mission.
- See the sights and sounds of Nepal through video teaching filmed on location.
- Refuse to stand idly by while people perish without hearing the name of Jesus.